RV Accident: Seeking Justice and Recovery
There for you when you need us most.
Integrity & tenacity define our award-winning attorneys.
Proof is in the Results
Recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) accidents are often complex, leaving individuals facing severe injuries and property damage. In the wake of such an incident, the challenges can be overwhelming. This is where Fielding Law steps in, not just as legal representatives but as compassionate advocates committed to guiding you through the intricate legal terrain and helping you secure the compensation you rightfully deserve.
At Fielding Law, we recognize that RV accidents come with unique complexities. Whether you were driving the RV, were a passenger, or were involved in an incident with an RV, our experienced personal injury lawyers specialize in these cases, bringing a wealth of knowledge to navigate the intricacies involved. Our track record speaks for itself, with a history of successfully representing clients in RV accident cases, securing favorable outcomes, and substantial compensation.
Why You Should Pick Fielding Law to Represent You?
Expertise: Our experienced personal injury lawyers specialize in RV accidents, offering comprehensive knowledge of the unique challenges these cases present.
Proven Success: Fielding Law has a track record of successfully representing clients in RV accident cases, securing favorable outcomes and substantial compensation.
Client-Centric Approach: We prioritize our clients, providing personalized attention and unwavering support during the aftermath of RV accidents.
Insurance Negotiation: Our team is skilled in negotiating with insurance companies, ensuring you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
How is Liability Determined in an RV Accident?
Determining liability in RV accidents involves evaluating various factors:
Driver Negligence: Establishing if the RV driver was negligent, such as distracted driving, speeding, or driving under the influence.
Maintenance Issues: Investigating whether the accident resulted from poor RV maintenance or mechanical failures.
Manufacturer Defects: Exploring potential defects in the RV’s design or manufacturing contributing to the accident.
What is my accident or legal case worth?
RV Driving Regulations
Navigating RV driving regulations is crucial, especially when considering state-specific requirements. In California, even for smaller RVs, a non-commercial Class B license is necessary for those over 25,000 pounds, with a Class A license for those surpassing 10,000 pounds. Similarly, in Texas, a non-commercial Class B license is required for vehicles over 26,000 pounds, and a Class A license for combined weights exceeding 26,000 pounds.
For Arizona, it is imperative to note that a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is mandatory for operating any vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more. If towing a trailer, it is permissible as long as the GVWR of the trailer is 10,000 pounds or fewer.
In 34 states, including California and Arizona, driving an RV is permitted with a regular driver’s license, without the need for a special license. However, considering the dynamic nature of regulations, it is advised to verify the latest guidelines with your state’s DMV before embarking on your RV journey. Stay informed, drive safely, and enjoy your RV adventures with confidence.
What to Do After an RV Accident
Navigating the aftermath of an RV accident demands a strategic approach. Consider the following steps to protect your well-being and strengthen your legal case:
- Prioritize Health: Seek immediate medical attention for any injuries, no matter how minor. Your well-being is paramount, and prompt medical care ensures an accurate assessment of your condition.
- Document the Scene: Take detailed photographs of the accident scene, including the position of the vehicles, damage sustained, and any relevant road signs or signals. This visual documentation can be invaluable later in reconstructing the events leading to the accident.
- Gather Witness Information: Collect names and contact information from any witnesses at the scene. Eyewitness accounts can provide crucial perspectives and enhance the credibility of your case.
- Note Relevant Details: Jot down key details such as the date, time, weather conditions, and any factors that may have contributed to the accident. The more information you can gather at the scene, the better-equipped you will be to recount the events accurately.
- Preserve Evidence: Retain any evidence related to the accident, including damaged clothing, personal items, and components from the RV or other vehicles involved. These items may serve as crucial evidence in building your case.
- Obtain Police Report: Contact local law enforcement to report the accident. Ensure that a detailed police report is filed, providing an official record of the incident. Obtain a copy of this report for your records.
- Exchange Information: Share contact and insurance details with the other parties involved in the accident. Obtain information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance policy details.
- Seek Legal Advice: In the aftermath of an RV accident, consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney is essential. Fielding Law offers a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your case, assess your legal options, and provide guidance on the best course of action.
- Keep Track of Expenses: Maintain a detailed record of all expenses related to the accident, including medical bills, repair estimates, and any other costs incurred. This documentation will be crucial when seeking compensation.
- Follow Medical Advice: Adhere to the treatment plan prescribed by your healthcare professionals. Attend follow-up appointments, undergo necessary tests, and ensure you are on the path to recovery. Your commitment to medical care strengthens your case.
- Stay Calm and Patient: The aftermath of an RV accident can be overwhelming, but staying calm and patient is crucial. Legal processes take time, and having a steady approach helps in making informed decisions throughout.
Why You Should Hire a Personal Injury Attorney After an Accident
The aftermath of an accident is fraught with challenges, and seeking the assistance of a personal injury attorney becomes paramount. Here are compelling reasons why enlisting legal representation is crucial:
Legal Expertise: Personal injury attorneys specialize in the intricacies of personal injury law. Their extensive knowledge ensures that your case is navigated with precision, taking into account relevant statutes, regulations, and legal precedents.
Maximizing Compensation: Experienced attorneys understand the true cost of your injuries. They work diligently to ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible, factoring in medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and potential future costs such as ongoing medical care or rehabilitation.
Negotiation Skills: Insurance companies often attempt to minimize settlements. Personal injury attorneys are skilled negotiators, adept at engaging with insurance adjusters to secure a fair and just settlement. They act as your advocates, preventing you from being taken advantage of during negotiations.
Litigation Support: In cases where a fair settlement cannot be reached, having an attorney provides invaluable support during litigation. Personal injury attorneys are seasoned in courtroom procedures, ensuring your case is presented compellingly to secure the compensation you deserve.
Evidence Collection: Gathering evidence is a crucial aspect of building a strong case. Attorneys have the resources and knowledge to conduct thorough investigations, securing evidence such as witness statements, accident reconstructions, and expert opinions that can bolster your claim.
Adherence to Deadlines: Legal proceedings involve strict deadlines and paperwork. Personal injury attorneys ensure that all necessary documents are filed accurately and on time, preventing the risk of your case being dismissed due to procedural errors.
Objective Assessment: Emotions often run high after an accident, clouding judgment. Personal injury attorneys provide an objective perspective, helping you make informed decisions based on legal expertise rather than emotional considerations.
Access to Resources: Attorneys have access to a network of professionals, including accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and investigators. This allows for a comprehensive evaluation of your case, strengthening the evidentiary foundation.
Contingency Fee Structure: Many personal injury attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if you win your case. This fee structure allows individuals with limited financial resources to access quality legal representation without upfront costs.
Peace of Mind: Dealing with the aftermath of an accident is inherently stressful. Having a personal injury attorney alleviates this burden by handling legal complexities, allowing you to focus on your recovery and well-being.
Hiring a personal injury attorney after an accident is not just advisable; it is essential to ensure your rights are protected, and you receive fair compensation. At Fielding Law, our team is dedicated to providing unwavering support and expert legal representation. Contact us at 833.88.SHARK for a free consultation and let us guide you through this challenging time.
Took care of us after our accident. Went above and beyond to check in and make sure we were ok. Great personal touch and service.Colby
I have had the pleasure of working with Mr. Fielding in the past, and I cannot recommend him and his team enough. They're true professionals from intake to close outs, and will make sure a difficult process goes as smoothly as possible. All-around great guy and one heck of an attorney.Mia
As a fellow Arizona attorney, my interactions with Fielding Law was top notch. Both attorneys and support staff were friendly and helpful. Plus, their office in Tempe is brand new and very cool.Allan
It was great to have Clark and his team in our corner. We were t-boned by someone that ran a red light. However, while we were being taken to the hospital, the other driver told the police that it was our fault. With things not looking good, Clark was able to get our side of the story reported to the police, deal with all the doctors and insurance people and get us a settlement. They went above and beyond what we thought was possible. Can’t imagine dealing with this nightmare without Clark and his team.Regina